On Kat Dennings being Fat

Screen shot 2011-11-09 at 11.21.12 AM.png

When I first laid eyes on Kat Dennings, all I thought was, hey, there's a pretty young thing with a healthy dose of alternative attitude. If I swung the other way, well...well, it's irrelevant, because I still wouldn't ever meet her.

I've never seen any of her movies (you know the ones...they all seem to involve Michael Cera playing variations on George-Michael Bluth while dancing to awesome indie soundtracks).

I watched one episode of 2 Broke Girls and thought hey, she's hot and she's super funny.

And then, in an unfortunate case of good intentions reaping ill reward, Alyssa Rosenberg wrote this piece telling people to stop accusing Kat Dennings of being fat. As I read it, I thought, YES! Who the HELL would even think that?

But by the time the next episode rolled around, a bad thing happened. I was, as many might say, incepted.

Now, whenever I look at her, I can't help but notice, not that she's fat, but that she's bigger than most tv stars. Which is great. And it's even more great that the show never accuses her of being fat. Self-deprecating wisecracks never touch on her actual looks.

But I hate that I'm noticing any of these things. I don't have these thoughts about Michaela Conlin on Bones, who has a similar build, because I've never heard others say she's fat. I hate that at age 27, my aesthetical views can still be manipulated in this fashion.

In sum, I am now a horrible person and I hate myself. But the most important thing is that Kat Dennings is damn hot, whether she's chubs or not.

This entry was posted on and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

19 Responses to “ On Kat Dennings being Fat ”

  1. I think she has a gorgeous figure, it's her face that bothers me :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I will say is that if you like Kat Dennings, DON'T see Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist. I watched it because so many people loved the book, but it was SO BAD... In fact, Tony wrote a review of it after we watched it, so you can relive our horror here: http://www.stephandtonyinvestigate.com/?p=1232

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Steph! I'll pop over now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kat Dennings is "LA fat", ie: she's got a curvy build.  LA will break her, and she'll start to look strange in a few years as she yo-yo diets and her agent puts all sorts of ideas in her head that lead to an eating disorder.  Meanwhile, she'll still be in better shape than 90% of America.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's never a good idea to read imdb message boards.  almost as bad as yahoo or youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As long as she's got those boobs, no straight man will care what she weighs.  I think some people notice her build on 2 Broke Girls because they have her walking around in these ridiculous high-heeled boots that no waitress would ever wear on the job.  It makes her movements a little awkward because it feels like she's going to tip over forward all the time.  [insert your own gravity joke here.]

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL. Too each their own, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah i learned that a while back. Youtube comments are occasionally hilarious though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's true, her gravity DOES seem to be off. Unfortunately, I seem to be failing at coming up with a good gravity joke...

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol. Depressing but true.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michaela Conlin is bony! Maybe you were confused by her being pregnant last season?

    Kat Dennings is hot though. Yeah she's a little bigger but that is not a problem and comes with some big perks ;). I would love for her to remain this size and show young girls that they don't have to emaciate themselves to be attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. She sure is bony now, but she seemed a lot healthier in earlier seasons? Not that she looks bad either way.

    Dude, Kat Dennings is SMOKIN'.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think she is sooo sexy. I wouldn't kick that out of bed!!! I think she is way sexier than any of those brittle boney girls on TV. Why is that attractive even? I don't get it. I a woman to look just like a woman! Not an immature boy of 12. Boobs, hips, thighs...its all apart of the gorgeous wonder of women. Soft and around: that;s what women should be. 

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't get it either. Surely a beautiful face and curves are the classical ideal? Anything else is just...a trend. Trends aren't in themselves beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the fact that she is 'curvy' endears me to her as she is more 'real' ... most of the actors and actresses on TV are all anorexically thin ... and that to me is a major turnoff. If I was a man, I'd want to be with Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She is absolutely hot... perfect in my point of view.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think she's one of the hottest girls I've ever seen. Any one who disagree is either blind or anorexic.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Catherine Isabelle15 June 2013 at 22:37

    Hey there, I really LOVED this article. I was just watching the show you mentioned, 2 broken girls, and I was looking at Kat already thinking "she is chubby", but then again I don't think I would even think like that if so many people haven't said it before. I came to dislike more and more how being unhealthy by being super skinny is being exalted for years as the right look, the way to go. It sucks. And by the way, I would love to write with you guys. if there ever was that possibility. http://yourmodernlolita.blogspot.pt/ check me out if you're interested, and thank you for sharing great stuff. Love, Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fat tits, thats it, otherwise she is just female shaped a bit like Liv Tyler in her early career-lots of tits and ass but no fat belly/flabby arms etc in short just what little girls should be made of.
    Dont like the plank look, whats the good of a tiny waist if its the same width as the chest and hips and who wants to see thighs the same width as calfs??

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.