Ephemera: Stunning 1960's Soviet Science Magazine Covers

gCCYB.jpg

This Soviet technology magazine has some of the loveliest artwork I've ever seen. I can't find a whole lot of information about it, since the original poster is Russian (and Google Translate is especially goofy with Russian).

These visions of the future are fascinating. There's the totally cliché vision of flying cars, but I'm intrigued by some of the other ideas, such as:

Wall-E!:

VW52s.jpg

The Underground Kremlin:

HCDVL.jpg

The flying stadium:

R1hM6.jpg

My beloved Golem. I never cease to be entertained by the Jewbot:

fHe1z.jpg

The Soviet vision of a united global politik:

0NzKa.jpg

My favorite, because it's just a damn beautiful drawing:

b2KuS.jpg

Check out the original post for tons more.

This entry was posted on and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply

Powered by Blogger.